Monday, May 24, 2010

A Dose of Perspective


Today I hold my little man a little bit tighter and give him one extra kiss.

I love my job. Every day - I really do. But with every job there's always some bad to go with the good.

I met a family recently who had lost their 3 year old son to cancer. They are beginning a Foundation in his name to raise money to support pediatric cancer research. They stated with such certainty that they planned to find a cure that no one in the room could believe anything but.

As they shared their son's story, I think my heart actually stopped beating for a moment and I had to catch my breath. It ached for them and I fought back tears. I cannot imagine what they have gone through and I marvel at the passion with which they choose to move on.

And so today I remember that I am so blessed. And today I hold my little man a little bit tigher and give him one extra kiss.
I hope that each time I get frustrated with him that I remember how lucky I am to have him. I hope that as hard as potty training can be that I keep my wits about me and remember that I can even be thankful for little wet drawers.

And I hope he knows how much I love him and how much he has changed my life. I hope I remember to tell him often how much he adds to our little family. I hope I remember his sweet giggle and how much he loves Thomas the Train. I hope I remember him jumping on our bed & screaming 'look at me mah-mah, look at me!'.
I hope I remember the first time he told me that he 'wuv'd' me and I hope to always hold his small sweet hand in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment