Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Graduation or Initiation?




Two of my three celebrated graduations over the past 2 weeks.
And so I prep one to leave elementary and one to start. And I wonder how time has gone so quickly. And I worry about a lot - and worry about them both.

I'm grateful that I've been given some amazing kids. I'm hopeful that they stay that way for a long long time. Is forever to much to ask?

The 5th grade ceremony at Bagley yesterday was especially well done. Each of the 4 teachers took time to talk about the unique qualities that each child had. One by one they stood up to take their praise and one by one their faces beamed.

I was impressed by the amount of talent that this group holds at such a young age and hope for each of them that they continue the life they are meant to lead. One little girl...is already an accomplished ballerina. Another a writer, another...a future scientist. The class clown, the athlete, the shy one, the intellectual one.

As Brayden stood to take his praise, his teacher began with the following: 'If you could buy stock in kids, I'd throw it all in on Brayden right now'. I've never felt more proud as a parent as I did at this moment. My baby boy is quickly becoming a man and for now...he's on the right track.

Wish both of them luck this next year. Graduation is over, initiation is about to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment